Total Pageviews

Thursday 19 March 2015

First Click: the Swiss response to Apple Watch

Baselworld opens today. As the largest showcase for luxury watchmakers in the world, it’s the place where Switzerland will launch its Apple response into former neutral territories.


Admittedly, I didn’t know anything about luxury watches prior to the rumors of a $10,000 Apple Watch. Oh sure, I knew about Rolex like I knew about Rolls Royce. But the closest I ever came to wearing one was knowing Micah “Lux” Singleton. Now I know my Omega from my Patek Philippe, my Submariner from my Yacht-Master.


Early talk of Apple disrupting the Swiss watch industry is almost certainly overblown. Remember how Jony Ive was bragging about Switzerland being in trouble? If anything, I suspect that the increased attention will only serve to raise all...


Continue reading…






from The Verge - All Posts http://ift.tt/1EuwnrC

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment