Total Pageviews

Friday 20 March 2015

First Click: all cars should be as upgradeable as Teslas

Ask a gearhead how a car performs and she’ll likely respond with detailed parameters related to 0 to 60 acceleration, raw horsepower, or stopping distance. Useful to know, sure, but not likely to be experienced outside of the rare obstacle avoidance, be it roadkill or the 5-0. The experience I care about is how the car performs in the mundanity of the commuter slog. That 20 minute drive you repeat over and over and over until your youth is but a memory. How does it integrate with my phone? Is there entertainment in the back seat to quell a kid. Is there a place for my beer? And the experience had better be upgradeable over the ten years I’ll own it. If I can change the user experience on my $700 smartphone, then I sure as hell should be...


Continue reading…






from The Verge - All Posts http://ift.tt/1FcJL9e

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment