Total Pageviews

Monday 22 December 2014

Why do so many airports have rocking chairs?

I first noticed the rocking chairs a few years ago while flying out of Seattle. It seemed like a quirky touch not out of character at an airport with an abundance of art and whose drinking fountains play amplified gargling sounds. Then I noticed them in Durham. Then in San Diego.


If I had to pick places I’d expect to see rocking chairs, front porches, living rooms, and pretty much anywhere else would rank far above cavernous and stark airport terminals, yet that’s probably where I’m most likely to see them. And while I could imagine an aggressively whimsical designer somewhere throwing a bunch of rocking chairs in a terminal, I had a hard time seeing how they’d sprung up in so many airports across the country. Why rocking chairs? Where...


Continue reading…






from The Verge - All Posts http://ift.tt/1zWmt3w

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment