Total Pageviews

Monday 22 December 2014

The best e-reader you can buy

Here’s how I read on a tablet: I open the Kindle app. I read for somewhere between four and nine seconds. A notification pops up: I have a new email or someone tweeted a funny link at me. I tap on that notification, and check out whatever’s come in. I check Twitter, and then maybe I’ll just play a quick game of FIFA before I get to my subway stop. Wait, was I doing something?


Here’s how I read on an e-reader: I open it up, and I read. And I keep reading.


Sure, it’s a device with exactly zero unique functionality, but an e-reader is perhaps a technologically inclined consumer’s last plausible defense against the onslaught of notifications and distractions that every other device has become. It’s the best way we have to get lost in...


Continue reading…






from The Verge - All Posts http://ift.tt/1zWdmjv

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment