Total Pageviews

Friday 19 December 2014

The art of Guillaume Ospital is like a cross between Akira and Indiana Jones

"My first conscious inspiration happened when I was 11 years old and Akira got released in France," explains Guillaume Ospital. "Five minutes into the screening, my brain was melting."


Since then, he's done little else other than draw. Ospital has built a career as a freelance illustrator, working in everything from animation to comics, for clients like Marvel and French developer Ankama Games. "Since nobody, least of all my parents, ever told me that illustration as a career wasn't an option, I simply went with it," he says.


Unsurprisingly, Ospital's style and technique harken back to that time, with a distinctly late-1980s, early-1990s look. The colors are bright, the characters long and exaggerated. Ospital's world is full of...


Continue reading…






from The Verge - All Posts http://ift.tt/1wKUcf5

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment