Total Pageviews

Friday 26 December 2014

Home for the holidays, and for a 20-year-old issue of PC Magazine


When I'm home for the holidays, one of my most beloved traditions involves sifting through my time capsule of a bedroom, where decades of PC Magazines, PC Worlds, Windows Magazines, and Visual Basic Programmer's Journals collect dust. These were my bibles as a youngster: magical cocktails of attainable and unattainable technology pulling me forward into an education and career in engineering. If it weren't for PC Magazine in particular, I'm not sure I ever would've touched a line of code. And now, today, I'm a founding editor of a publication that I consider something of a spiritual successor to those classic mags. I'd like nothing more than to be inspiring an eleven-year-old somewhere to pursue a career in technology, the way PC Mag did...


Continue reading…






from The Verge - All Posts http://ift.tt/1BcSW3F

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment