Total Pageviews

Monday 22 December 2014

For a fleeting moment, phone calls were magic again


I stepped off the packed plane at Detroit Metropolitan Airport shortly after midnight on Monday, a victim of delays in Newark precipitated by the holiday rush. I was tired. Traveling is always a hassle, doubly so when the entirety of New York City’s not-from-here population is trying to vacate the region in the span of just a few days.


Eager to crawl into a bed, I immediately called my dad, who’d been orbiting the airport for some time awaiting my arrival. Something strange and unexpected happened: his voice was not the usual muffled, analog-to-digital-to-analog facsimile that’s expected of a traditional phone call. It was crystal clear. At risk of sounding cliché, it was as if he was standing right next to me. I could easily make out...


Continue reading…






from The Verge - All Posts http://ift.tt/1E38s8f

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment